Distillery Tour & Tasting
- Duration: 1 Hours
- Location: Burleigh Heads, QLD
- Product code: TOUR&TASTING
Sip, sample and hear the story behind the Gold Coast's first gin, whiskey & vodka craft distillery.
This guided distillery tour will introduce you to the gin-making process and the Gold Coast’s thriving craft spirit culture.
Enjoy a gin and tonic on arrival and tastings of our award-winning spirits and liqueurs as you are guided through the distillery and introduced to the history of Granddad Jack, the processes involved in making our beloved spirits and given a behind the scenes tour of our family-owned distillery.
A little bit about Granddad Jack's Craft Distillery...
Built with up-cycled materials, this old surfboard warehouse has been converted to expose a raw and rustic, one-of-a-kind distillery. David & Luke Ridden are recreating age-old family recipes in memory of David's grandfather and Luke's great-grandfather, Granddad Jack. Each of our award-winning spirits is handcrafted, made from locally or nationally sourced raw materials and still hand waxed! Production is on full-show to visitors from the Tasting Room and when inside you can smell the aromas of the botanicals and whiskey as it seeps through the oak barrels surrounding you.
We're a family-friendly neighbourhood distillery in the backstreets of Burleigh and have helped to build the epic craft culture the Gold Coast is renowned for. Just a short 2minute walk to the beach and surrounded by breweries, cafes and restaurants (and great people) you can quickly see why we've been landmarked as a 'must-see' destination on the Gold Coast. Come and see for yourself.
Please note, if you wish to stay after the tour (recommended) you will need to book a table also.
Things you should know before booking:
- This is a private experience, we're not open to the public or spectators.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the distillery tour, to make sure we can start on time and you don't miss out on anything.
- All participants must be 18years or older. We advocate a responsible drinking policy and believe in enjoying alcohol responsibly.
- You must organise your own transport. Due to the nature of the event, all participants are responsible for organising their own transportation to and from the experience as alcohol will be consumed during the experience.
Need to ask a few questions? Feel free to contact our legendary bookings team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 5612 5783.